Friday, February 1, 2013

50+ Tries on Sapling Problems

Perseverance
Ok, so, it's been a couple of years since I've had Organic Chemistry I. I remember most of the stuff, but synthesis problems are my real weakness. I think when I have >50 tries on a sapling problem that's a pretty clear indicator that I don't understand what's going on. For every synthesis problem I make too many mistakes on, I'll post the full mechanism in the comments of this post (after the due date of course, I'm not going to do your homework for you.) The mechanism might be wrong, and if it is, please help me by pointing out my errors! Also, you guys should feel free to post your own mechanisms here too.


tl;dr: I'm going to post mechanisms to sapling problems in the comments, and you should too.

1 comment:

  1. I know my response is kind of late. But after I would get a synthesis problem right (once I got it wrong 5 or 6 times) I look at Saplings solution. It gives a detailed description of why each reagent was used and how it makes that particular product. I find it very helpful. I even make a sheet of reagents and write what types of products they will produce and when it's best to use them. Now the synthesis sapling problems are a breeze.

    ReplyDelete